Marriage Certification questions and answers

Invite friends
I want  answers   advisors   relevant links   my network

How it works
Register!          Forgot password?

All Marriage Certification Advice
Unanswered Queries
FileAgent Document Exchange
Council Members
Advisor Rankings
Top Rated Advisors
NameAsk Me Rate (in AA$)
Sencan Topaloglu N/A
desti mona N/A
La'Shonda Henderson N/A
Nagarajan S N/A
Prabhakara Rao Kuppi N/A
cindy garner N/A
Amit Agarwal N/A, Ltd N/A
C. Raj, United Kingd $1,000.00   
Lata Verma $10.00   
More Advisors...

Home > Categories > Family and Relations > Marriage > Marriage Certification > View Advice  

Query from: Kirandeep Kaur, India, 05/19/08
Topic: MARRIAGE CERTIFICATION      Submitted on:
Subject: Documents Reqd.for Marriage Registration

We got married in Delhi, both are from delhi only, presently i am working in bangalore and therefore living here, How can i obtain marraige certificate in bangalore and where should i go? I live in Indiranagar. What all documents are required for the same?

Top experts' rating:   Rate = 2.5 (6 ratings)
(click on stars to rate)
[ This query closed ]
Response from: C. Raj, United Kingdom,   
Council Member on
Source: This information comes from my own knowledge.
C. Raj, United Kingdom recommends:

Shaadi Matrimonial - Register free!
Millions of Members with Photos. Register, Search & Chat for Free.

Want your ad here?

Domlur registrars office is the closest office you can approach. This office is in the BDA Complex in Domlur, near the Domlur BTS Bus station. There is a Lord Shani temple closeby.

Go to the Registrars office and obtain the relevant form for registration of marriage.

Complete the application. You and your spouse must sign it. 3 witnesses to the marriage must sigh it. One must be one parent from each side and the 3rd can be any family or friend.

With the form, go to the Domlur registry office at opening time with these documents.

Identity Proof- Photo ID card / Photo Driving License / Passport

Address Proof- Bank Statement/Passbook/Telephone Bill

Age Proof - Driving License/Passport/Birth certificate.

Completed Form

3 Joint Photos - B5 size. (twice the size of passport size)

Original Invitation you made to invite people

Bill or Certificate from Marriage Hall or Temple where you got married.

Approach the Marriage section and submit the application. If you are early, the certificate can be issued within a few hours.

All the best.

Top experts' rating:   Rate = 3 (2 ratings)
(click on stars to rate)
Response from: Indumukhi A.,   
Council Member on
Source: This information comes from my own knowledge.
You need to go to the registrar's office together. You say you are working and living in Bangalore but if your spouse is still in Delhi you may not apply for certificate unless you are together. You also must go with three people who will sign as witnesses to your marriage ceremony. So it may make more sense to go the registrar when you're visiting Delhi. However you can go in Indiranagar itself if you can bring your spouse, the three witnesses, photos from the ceremony, your invitation card, and proof of date of birth and address for both you and your spouse.

I've found that when registering for marriage they pay less attention to the place of residence as long as everything else is there. So you can apply in Delhi or Bangalore and you will probably have no problem with that-- it's just important to have the three witnesses, both spouses, and all documents mentioned above.

I do not know the location of the subregistrar in Indiranagar but please ask your neighbors or ask around at local shops-- people will know.

Top experts' rating:   Rate = 2.5 (6 ratings)
(click on stars to rate)

Thank this advisor   
Response from: Geetha Gopakumar,   
Council Member on
Source: This information comes from my own knowledge.
A Marriage Certificate is the proof of registration of a marriage. The need for a Marriage Certificate arises in case you need to prove that you are legally married to someone, for purposes like obtaining a passport, changing your maiden name, etc. Parties to the marriage have to apply to the Registrar in whose jurisdiction the marriage is solemnized or to the Registrar in whose jurisdiction either party to the marriage has been residing at least for six months immediately preceding the date of marriage. Both the parties have to appear before the Registrar along with their parents or guardians or other witnesses within one month from the date of marriage. There is a provision for condonation of delay up to 5 years, by the Registrar, and thereafter by the District Registrar concerned. Application form duly signed by both husband and wife. Documentary evidence of date of birth of parties (Matriculation Certificate/Passport / Birth Certificate) Ration card of husband or wife whose area SDM/Sub-registrar has been approached for the certificate. minimum age of both parties is 21 years at the time of registration. Two passport size photographs of both the parties. Marriage invitation card, if available. If marriage was solemnized in a religious place, a certificate from the priest is required who solemnized the marriage. affirmation that the parties are not related to each other within the prohibited degree of relationship as per Hindu Marriage Act or Special Marriage Act as the case may be.

Top experts' rating:   Rate = 2 (1 rating)
(click on stars to rate)

Thank this advisor   
Response from: surjit singh,   
Featured Member on NDTV
Source: This information comes from my own knowledge.
You may apply to the Registrar in Banglore alongwith proof of marriage and proof of your present residence.You may take the services of the legal counsel for jurisdiction of the area as well to expedite the formalities.

Top experts' rating:   Rate = 1.5 (1 rating)
(click on stars to rate)

Thank this advisor   
More Marriage Certification Advice


Privacy Policy
Terms & Conditions
Ask Agent™ Tech Support/Help
Contact Us
Advertising Program
About the Ask Agent™ technology
Affiliate Program
Celebrity Queries
Latest Updates

Get the latest queries and responses via  Add Ammas Gadget to your iGoogle
Important Disclaimer: This question and answer system is open to the public. The opinions expressed are those of their individual authors, as attributed beside each item of advice. Neither the authors nor the information they provide are endorsed by this website. We recommend using common sense, making your own inquiries, and, if necessary, seeking professional advice before relying on material generated on this site.

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 Ask Agent.
Powered by Ask Agent
Patents filed since 2001 -- Request Patent Numbers